Friday 30 September 2011

How To Draw A Mummy

Drawing an Egyptian Mummy should start off with a rough sketch first to see that all the figure works and everything looks well placed on the Mummy figure such as bandages and the anatomy of the Mummy creature. I used a 5B pencil just so that the drawing would show up on video and it is a nice soft pencil that can be used for darkening the pencil lines and adding shading to the art. Watch the video below to see how you could draw an Egyptian Mummy and see for yourself if you could become inspired by the process of drawing icons of horror like this Mummy.



Update 28/01/2016 (forgot to add the other video) In the next drawing video I ink the Mummy creature drawing with a really super cheap gel ink pen, which was what I seemed to use a lot back then in 2011 ish. 



Also see this mummy drawing I did as a commission for a client recently. - The Mummy Lives horror commission

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fantasy Art Inspiring Resources

It is recommended that you don't spam this blog as your comments won't be published.

I welcome any opinions and feedback about this blog aswell as your chance to shine too as you can find lots of inspiration through this fantasy art blog, so ask questions when you have them and I'll do my best to answer them for you..